I looking forward to participate in this meeting, to discuss and share experiences about:
- Global Libraries’ analysis of how public libraries are helping or can help the EU, national, and local governments to achieve their policy objectives as outlined in the EU 2020 strategy, the seven EU Flagship Initiatives, and the Multi-Annual Financial Framework
- Learn about others’ public library advocacy efforts, what has worked and what hasn’t
- Gather input on key messages and policy targets that would benefit public libraries
- Identify entities and individuals who would be interested in collaborating to advocate for public libraries to the EU
- Information gathered at this meeting will be used to inform an advocacy effort to build greater support for public libraries from the EU. Potential collaboration and next steps will be identified.
|bill melinda gates foundationheadquarters seattle|